Published on Sunday, 16 June 2013 21:14
Written by Super User
Our resident team of ophthalmic opticians are happy to discuss your requirements in relation to contact lens wear.
We provide contact lens designs to suit most eyesight conditions such as:
- Long-sightedness (Hyperopia)
- Short-sightedness (Myopia)
- Presbyopia (Bifocal/Varifocal)
- Colour (to change or enhance the colour of your eyes)
Orthokeratology (OrthoK) is a viable alternative to Laser eye surgery. It is a vision therapy that provides clear, comfortable vision without the need to wear contact lenses during the day. No more restrictions on how long you wear your lenses, no more irritation in dry, smoky environments or at the end of a long day.
It is ideal for low to mid short-sighted people who:
- Want clear natural vision every day
- Find soft contact lenses do not fulfil the comfort demands their lifestyle places on their eyes.
- Are involved in recreational and sports activities where periods without contact lens wear is ideal.
- Have considered refractive surgery because of the freedom it provides, but are worried about the risks.
- See their website link here www.orthoklenses.com
So how is this possible? OrthoK is a specially designed contact lens that reduces the power of the cornea, at the front of the eye, during overnight wear. Once the full effect has taken place, the eye is effectively normal sighted and can see clearly in the morning.